In the spirit of Halloween I thought some themed healthy brownies were appropriate.
These are great for entertaining if you have a Halloween themed party or just as a tasty treat.
- BulkPowders cacao brownie mix
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 100ml milk
- 2 packets of coconut fudge brownie Boost Ball bites
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- white icing sugar
- piping icing to decorate
- cocktail sticks
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C or gas mark 4 and line a shallow baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine the brownie mix with 2 eggs, the milk and the melted butter. mix until fully combined.
3. Chop up 1 packet of Boost ball fudge brownie bites into small chunks and stir into the brownie batter along with chocolate chips.
4. Pour mixture into baking tray and flatten with a spatula. Pop in the over for 15 minutes or until a fork comes out clean.
5. Use the remaining back of Boost balls to created eye balls on sticks. Mix together icing sugar and water to create a paste. Using a cocktail stick dip the Boost balls into the white icing to create the whites of the eye then use black writing icing to create the iris.
6. Take the brownie out of the oven and cut up into equal slices then leave to cool for 20 minutes
7. Add 2 eyeballs to each brownie by popping the cocktail sticks into each brownie and then draw on a mouth with red writing icing.
8. Your spooky brownies are now ready to serve!